Benefits of Prenatal Massage
- reduces swelling in your hands and feet
- decreases stress hormones in your body and relaxes your muscles
- increases blood flow, which is so important when you’re pregnant
- relieves sciatica, joint pain, neck and back pain, leg cramping, and insomnia
- lifts depression without the use of medication, according to some scientific studies
- relieves carpal tunnel pain, and alleviate headaches and sinus congestion
Massage therapy performed during pregnancy can reduce anxiety, decrease symptoms of depression, relieve muscle aches and joint pains, and improve labor outcomes and newborn health.
Massage helps to stimulate soft tissues to reduce collection of fluids in swollen joints, which also improves the removal of tissue waste, carried by the body’s lymph system. Many women have experienced significant reduction in sciatic nerve pain during pregnancy through regular massage.