This weeks blog is dedicated to shedding some light on carpal tunnel syndrome! Have you ever felt a strong ache in your wrists that made you nervous that there could be something wrong in there? Well, here are some quick tips, diagnostics, exercises, and even videos! Enjoy!
What is Carpal Tunnel? Your nerves and tendons are protected by “tunnels” that are formed by the bones and ligaments, but when a the bones and ligaments press up against those nerves that run through the wrist, it causes the pain the hands and wrists.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel? There is no exact cause but most of the time it is a result of excessive use of the hands and wrists. There is also cause to believe that it can be from sleeping on your stomach with you hands bent under the body.
How do I know if I have Carpal Tunnel? Generally the first signs include numbness, pain, weakness and tingling in the thumb, index finger and middle finger. After further damage the pain can radiate to the elbow, upper arm and shoulder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IJC0bckKBY- Yoga finger stretches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC1ZHSgwIS4-Yoga forearm stretches
Questions? If you are having symptoms of carpal tunnel and you come to The Green Yoga Spa, please let your therapist know, we can preform some massage techniques, such as muscle stripping, on your forearm to help to help you find some relief. Also, please let your yoga teacher or health care provider know about your symptoms. Empower yourself and do more internet searches for more information regarding your symptoms. If you have questions, we will be happy to meet with you for a free consultation. Namaste’
Herbal, Superfood, and Supplemental Therapy
Relax tingling nerves:
- Crystal Star STRESS OUT Muscle relaxer extract
- planetary MYELIN SHEATH FORMULA
- Extracts of: scullcap, passionflower or lobelia
- Vitamin B6: 250mg daily with B-complex 100mg and Bromelain 1500mg
- Crystal Star ANTI-FLAM
- DLPA 500mg
Restore nerve health:
- Evening Primrose oil 500mg
- Crystal Star RELAX CAPS
- Anabol Natural AMINO BALANCE
- Hylands NERVE TONIC or Arsenicum
Strengthen wrist tissue:
- Crystal Star CALCIUM SOURCE
- Vitamin C with bioflavs 5000mg
- Nutrapathic CALCIUM/COLLAGEN caps
Boost Circulation to painful area:
- Ginkgo Biloba extract
- niacin 500mg
- Capsaicin cream
- New Chapter GINGER WONDER syrup
- Green Veggie drinks or a Potassium Juice
- Fresh Carrot Juice
- Crystal Star BIOFLAV, FIBER AND C SUPPORT DRINK
- Jarrow GENTLE FIBERS drink
HOPE THIS HELPS!
Sources: “Linda Page’s Healthy Healing, 12th edition” and “The Visual Encyclopedia of Natural Healing” by editor of Prevention Magazine Health Books